Thursday 25 August 2016

Thursday

It was a better temperature for working in today but my boss set me an impossable task. I picked 80 bunches of beetroot and then had to pack all the lettuces that Andy had cut. It was then 10.45 so I had my break and joined Andrew to bunch 160 onions. When he left with those it was 12.50 so I had my lunch and picked a further 75 bunches of onions. After that I was joined by Andy and we had to pick 72 bunches of carrots, which all had to be dug up because thr ground has become so hard they won't pull out. We also had to pick a 12 kilo box of loose ones and 16 bunches of purple carrots. After that we had to pick 12 bunches of golden beetroot and finally another 50 beetroot. The boss also said any time I had left I could begin picking the tomatoes!!! Well I only managed 30 of the 50 beetroot and it was time for me to to leave off. I really had had enough. When I got home I had a nice cup of tea, a soak in the bath and dinner. ( COD in parsley sauce, a jacket potato and baked beans.) thank goodness tomorrow is a short day and then it's a 3 day break.

No comments:

Post a Comment