Wednesday 6 April 2016

Work day

I was up at 5.40, put on a load of washing, had my breakfast, packed my lunch,( cheese and pickle sandwiches), hung out the washing and got ready to go to work. First Andy and I went went up the field and pricked out the first lettuce of the season. We planted cos, oak leaf, lolorssa and flat lettuce. Before we went down for coffee break we had to fill 2 boxes with rhubarb. After break I had to pick 75 bunches of radishes and then fill 6 trays with peat so I could sow leek seeds. 1,848 seeds. I had to break in the middle of that job to go back up the field and pick 3 boxes of carrots. It was not a very nice day with several heavy showers and quite chilly. My lovely cup of tea was waiting for me when I got home and I soon warmed up with a nice soak in a hot bath. We had chicken curry tonight and that was nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment