Thursday 2 July 2015

Thursday

I had to work again so I had my breakfast ( toast ) packed my lunch ( salad ) hung out my washing dressed, putting my trousers on over my shorts and went to work. First I had to pick 65 bunches of radishes so I took my thousers off. The radishes took less than an hour and then I had to pick 120 bunches of beetroot. The nettles are over waist high on the beetroot so I had to put my thousers back on. The beet took till 12.45 and by then  the sun had gone in so I sweated in pants, shorts and trousers all day. I pulled the weeds out of the parsnips till 2.30 and then I spent the rest of the day in the greenhouse de shooting the tomatoes and putting them up their strings. Guess what ? I have to work again tomorrow.!! It's ages since I worked a 4 day week. I think it will be my first one this year. We had pork, potatoes, peas and mushrooms for dinner. I had a cool bath rather than a shower because when you work on tomato plants everything gets really green and takes ages to wash off.

No comments:

Post a Comment