Sunday 5 July 2015

Fun day Sunday

I have had a great day, i did a load of washing, scrubbed the kitchen floor, finished all my ironing ( really hot ) made some really nice bread rolls, began to chop down a big shrub in the garden, hard boiled some eggs and at 9.50am I cycled along the track to Costessey to meet my Daughter at her allotment. I arrived before her but I could get in so I began to do a bit of weeding. No sooner did I start and so did the rain. D. Then arrived and it poured ( just like last Sunday ) , but it was only her and I this week so instead of standing in the shelter looking at it we just went out and got stuck in. We cleared a nice patch, put canes in for the beans, planted a few greens and then D picked a load of peas and broard beans,also 2 courgette's. It's their first harvest. By this time we were wet through to the skin and I could feel the water trickling down my back and running down the the backs of my legs. D offered to put my bike in her car and run me home but I said I would bike, I couldn't get any wetter and it's only a 20 minuite ride. I had my hair in a long plait today and when I got home I wrung it out!!! H was home from his ride, he could see it was going to rain so cut his ride short and turned for home. He beat the rain and was home in time to get my washing in all nice and dry. As soon as I got back he poured me a drink, ran me a bath and while I was washing my hair he hosed my bike down for me. H ended riding 49 miles but son in law who carried on with the group did 80. He got rained on and there were several punctures  ( when your tyres get wet they pick up small flints that have been washed onto the road from the verdges. ) we had our lunch, my nice rolls with eggs mayo' and salad. We sat and watched the Tour de France till the rain stopped and then I did a bit more clearing up in the garden. We had a roast this evening ( chicken )  H has already gone to bed because he says it's all rubbish on T V. He has taken his Spanish book up with him and is going to read that. It's work for me again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment