Sunday 26 July 2015

Sunday

H was going for a long ride today with James and they wanted to leave early to miss a lot of the traffic and be back before the rain we had seen forecast. So he was up at 5 am sorting out bikes and breakfast etc. I asked him to get my mountain bike out for me so I could go for a little ride. When he took it out of the garage my front tyre was as flat as a pancake so he had to quickly sort it out for me. He put another tube in as he didn't have time to find the hole and repair it,it can be done later. They left here at 7 am. I hung out my washing, pulled some rubbish out of the garden, made the bed, took some meat out of the freezer and then I decided, as H had taken so much trouble to make sure I had a bike I thought I had better use it, although I would rather have carried on gardening. First I went to Felthorpe to what we call the crab house, it's a wet fish shop. I like to buy whole crabs and dress them myself which I have done since I was 6 and my dad taught me. However, today they only had dressed ones so I bought just one of them and also a lobster. When I left there I was going for a ride but I thought I had better go home first and put them in the fridge. I then went off again and rode a few more miles. I ended up with 16 miles. H rode 86.8 miles at19.5 MPH. He had earned his lobster sandwich. He had only been home a short while when it began to rain. We had steak, broard beans and new potatoes for dinner and watched the last stage of the Tour de France. Below is a photo of my lobster, it's work again for me tomorrow if it's not too wet to get on the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment