Wednesday 26 November 2014

Wet Wednesday

It's too miserable to do much today so after doing some housework I decided to put the marzipan on my Christmas cake(one I made earlier) .i always used to make my own almond paste but one year I used a shop bought packet and none of my family noticed the difference !! I simply took it from the foil packet, warmed it in the microwave, shaped it into a ball and rolled it out on a board dredged with icing sugar,laid it on top of the cake and smoothed it down,job done. Should you fancy making your own here is the recipe I used to use. 1lb icing sugar. 1lb ground almonds.2eggs beaten.1tsp vanilla essence and a dash of lemon juice.   Sift the sugar into a bowl and stir in the almonds. Gradually work in the eggs, vanilla essence and enough lemon juice to make a stiff dough. Form into a ball and knead lightly. It's work again for me tomorrow so I hope it dries up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment