Thursday 20 November 2014

Thursday

It was interesting at work today, it was really foggy in the field at 8am and as I walked to the sprouts I startled a deer that was laying down between the rows. ( it also startled me when it jumped up and ran off) It was a Chinese water deer and they are quite big up close.we have 3 types of deer that visit our fields, Muntjac, Roe and the type I saw today. I had to pick 2 sacks of sprouts and my jumper was then wet up to my armpits!! No matter what plastic coat I wear I can find nothing to keep me dry while picking sprouts.i am glad it wasn't too cold. I did a bit of weeding and then one of the men came along with a tractor and trailer,I climbed on the back and went with him to harvest 4boxes of carrots,4 boxes of parsnips and a box of beetroot.we went back to the yard to wash and pack them and it was 12.30 there was nothing else for me to do so I came home. As I walked in the door I was welcomed with the lovely smell of baking bread! H had just lifted it from the bread maker, it made my mouth water. We had a cup of coffee and then,as I have my old work clothes on I went into the back garden to prune some trees and bushes to fill my brown box. I came in, showered and as my dear H had made chicken curry this morning all I have to do is cook the rice and dinner will be sorted. No work for me tomorrow so I am home till Monday,lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment