Sunday 16 November 2014

Cooking Flapjack

Today I baked a flapjack. 

My no2 son wanted flapjack so I used a quick recipe. As I am so old all my cooking is done in pounds and ounces. 1 oz sugar (today I used soft brown), 4oz marg, 2 table spoons golden syrup, a pinch of salt and 8oz porridge oats. Oil a tin approx 9x9 (inches) and heat your oven to 180c. Cream the sugar and marg, warm the syrup and add to the mixture. Finally stir in the oats and press into the tin. Cook till golden brown (approx 20mins) and leave to stand for a few mins then mark into squares but do not remove from the tin until it's cold or it will crumble apart. Today I added sultanas but it is also nice with chocolate chips, dates, apricots, nuts etc. You can create your own favourite taste :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment