Tuesday 27 October 2015

A grand day out

At 8.30 this morning I had to have a blood test to check my b p tablets are still the right ones for me. Then at 10.30 our daughter and youngest grand daughter came round and we all went to visit Baconsthorpe castle. It's well worth a visit if you haven't been. It was built in the 14 th century, has a moat, and a large lake which had 7 swans, some geese and a couple of ducks. At the back of the castle is a 'permitted walk' which I would like to try, either in the summer or if I had my wellies. When we left there we went to lunch at the Itteringham pub, the Walpole arms. It really was a lovely meal I would recommend it to anybody. H was the only one to have a starter, it was some chicken liver thing, l tried it and it was yummy. Phoebe had beer battered fish and chips, Louise and I had pulled lamb skinny chips and salad and H had a steak and bacon burger with chips. We all had drinks and as we weren't driving, H and l had a glass of wine. Phoebe was too full for pudding but H had ice cream and Louise and I had some lovely apple and almond thing with ice cream. We came home for coffee. 
As tea time we were still full so we just had a cup of tea and I had an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment